Portrait of the American Workforce
Different Breeds of Workers
- — In 2009, the workforce is 22% emergent, 50% migrating and 28% traditional.
- — Emergent workers are highly educated - 45% have graduate degree, 27% college degree.
- — The mean age of emergent workers is 42 years old and male to female ratio is 57%:43%.
- — The average emergent employee works 44.3 hours per week.
- — Emergent and traditional workers have varying definitions, values about workplace:
Workers Have Inherent Desire for Efficiency and Innovation
- — 95% of workers today prefer a job that allows them to think creatively
- — 88% of workers prefer a job that allows them to think of new & better ways to do things
- — 94% of workers strongly agree that employees should seek their own career development opportunities, wherever they might be
To read about the complete study, go to: