Thursday, July 1, 2010

Can we sustain the New Normal?

We've been hearing a lot of talk lately about the "New Normal" in business. Heck, I've even used the term myself on The Working Week podcast. I know what people mean when they use it- with all the changes in technology, organizational structure and financing that have taken place, it's the way we do business now as opposed to 4 or 5 years ago.

The problem is that I'm not sure it's normal, and it's not even all that new. Worse, I don't believe it's sustainable and there will be a new, New Normal before we even get the new employee handbooks printed.

While people can harrumph, grunt and whine about the exact details, as far as I can see, the New Normal looks like this:

For the complete article by Wayne Turmel at Management Issues, follow the link:

Can we sustain the New Normal?

No comments:

Post a Comment