Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Remote Working Tips and Tools

I turn on the computer and there they pop. The three Google Docs that I was working on yesterday now have my colleague’s comments appended. I chat with him in Slack to clarify what he meant. It only takes two minutes, even though we’re an eight-hour plane ride away.

Next tab is for Trello. That’s where we brainstorm ideas for our content calendar. I do it while my colleagues are sleeping, and they add ideas while I’m having breakfast.
Once we week, we catch up on Skype to get on the same page. It’s easy. It’s effective. And it’s flexible for everyone.

And we’re not alone in these habits. In the 2015 PGi Global Telework Survey, a whopping 79 percent of surveyed knowledge workers around the world worked outside the office. And the trend of working remotely – whether as an employee, an entrepreneur, or a freelancer – is only expected to grow in the next decade.

Naturally, the number of tools meant to assist in remote work is also on the rise. Dailybitsof.com asked nine remote workers what tools they use daily. Here is what they shared:

No comments:

Post a Comment